Wednesday, October 04, 2006

13:57.

"And suddenly I would be back at the computer, birthing tumescent phrases like: “Under the Setting Sun, Tara and Craig Will at Last Be Wed.” I spent days choosing the right tone for the program (I settled on “lovingly irreverent”) and the right adjective for “special” in the invitation (I went with “singular”).

I agonized over whether to quote “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” or “Romeo and Juliet” on the response card — and then I agonized over whether to use a semicolon or a comma in said quote, because frankly, many Shakespeare authorities disagree on that. I hadn’t asked for the job, but now that it was mine, I was determined to write pure wedding poetry.

Tara and I settled into a pattern. I would tease out a brilliant idea and she would come home and veto it, which would only feed my blooming hysteria.

TRUE, she often had a point. For instance, maybe it was tacky to format the invitation like a movie poster and write that our wedding was produced by God Almighty."


LOL! More on Men Don't Care About Weddings? Groomzila is Hurt here.

No comments: