Thursday, October 26, 2006

17:25.

It's a raining day in PJ now, half an hour till knock off.

Came back to work today and am trying to shake off some restlessness. The wireless ain't working well which ruffled me more than it usually does. I guess I merrily got used to unlimited broadband wireless at home.

Waking up early wasn't hard, thank God, it's just the structured office hours that make me restless, I guess, plus the fact that I don't have much to do at the moment. Thought of and taken to doing up a Christmas pamplet/ e-pamplet thingie so some of our resources may find their way as Christmas gifts.

The train ride back on Tues wasn't half bad. In fact, most times, it wasn't obtrusively offensive in even mild manners. Germie and James were God-sent lifesavers to help take a box of books up to KL. Joyce's and her zippy convertible were equally appreciated for dinner at East Coast and late night jaunt at PS Cafe. Friends are good :) and God is good.

Ray's a sweetheart for going down to take the train up with me. I think 7 and a half hours wld have me scowling in my seat and roaring fire out of restlessness. That's something I realised with me over the last two years - I like travelling but I don't really enjoy the process of getting them too much. Or at least, I guess 7 hours on a plane or 5 hours on a coach felt/ feel often 'nuff to be common so I got impatient. Maybe.

I had an idea for a script on the train ride. I saw the movie opening in my head and heard the narrator's intonations. I think I should have more discipline and do my fancies, fancies like writing scripts and hoping and dreaming they can get shot and famous; and writing novels, be still my beating heart.

Oh, thanks to Ray for allowing me to hijack Life Of Pi while on the train. It helped me get through a good few hours. I unorthodoxically started early midway the book and finished it off last night, promptly falling to sleep of dreams which mish mashed the stuff on my mind the last few days - A ahem, Korean drama I got hooked to in impossibly short a time; Life Of Pi and thoughts about bible study tomorrow, which I'm leading and not prepared 'nuff yet.

Kind of gives an indication - the mental stew of melting pot.

I'm finding more peace and seeing the indistinction between what we had termed secular and spiritual. I'm finding more undeniable the way I'm wired and embracing the dichotomies in fearfully and wonderfully made fashion. And I'm seeing how God works through more than I practically understood and I'm amazed and making sense of this wonder.

What's next next year? Dear God, tell me. I have no real concrete idea but I find myself looking.

1 comment:

sg girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.