Tuesday, October 03, 2006

17:31.

Yesterday, the lights went off in apparently half the town, my office included.

Thankfully, my condo - on the other side of this small town - was unaffected. But golly gee, what an experience! As Ray and I walked home at about 450pm in the bright evening sun, we saw office folks waiting around outside their office and cafe staff looking quite lost as to what to do.

We walked home, noting the invisible line in the middle of the town which divided the lighted and non and also the scenes of entire normalcy versus the white-collared in limbo. And after getting back to the condo, decided to go to the car park and get the car to go to The Curve instead of going home.

All's good today though and I didn't object to going home earlier but I wanted to chronicle this 'cause man, how unreal is it that a whole half of a developed, nice, rather poshy even town (it is a small and new estate though, remember) gets a black out?

I was quite in awe and amused. So, here. Heh.

No comments: