Tuesday, October 17, 2006

14:07.

Psalm 139.

"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
You are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue,
You know it completely, O LORD.
You hem me in—behind and before;
You have laid your hand upon me." (verse 1-5)

Sometimes, I feel misunderstood. Do you? Sometimes, I feel like I don't understand myself and that people don't really understand me. Have you? Then I read this psalm and I'm blown into orbit 'cause God knows me. He totally understands me. He gets what I'm about who I am and He can never ever misunderstand me or be a stranger - 'cause He comprehends me.

"Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, You are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, You are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,

if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,

your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,'
even the darkness will not be dark to you;

the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you." - (verse 7-14)
And I'm never alone, no matter where I choose to go or what my circumstances are. What I see as darkness, when I lay down and die and choose the blanket of despair, such does not damp His light or companionship. Darkness is as light to Him - He can do all things and change all things around for good.

How can we not praise Him?

Nothing is beyond Him.

No comments: