Sunday, February 25, 2007

0913.

I drummed for service today, the first time since months last. It was very enjoyable and somehow releasing; worshipping from behind the drums as free as worshipping in the congregation. Tightened up some sloppy playing from the rehearsal, planned ahead the rolls more so it went fine enough. Thank God.

After service, I sat around this long table at the back of the church hall with some of the aunties and church mates, all of us munching on bread and rolls and freshly fried keropoh one of them did before walking to Boo n Keng MRT to grab my way to Plaza Sing.

I was there to check out a shoe shop for which I had a discount voucher for and also to drop by Trum pet Praise where my previous Mt Z i on supervisor's now working part time. I did both but I err... also ended up at um, err, the M ) ph o sis sale and err, um, eh, Doroth y Perkins and *whistles* The Face Shop.

Teehee. Err... there was 50% to 70% off at M ) ph osis ah. And I got 50% off er, 3 tops which were very good deals and in my size and looked great :D Then, feeling like I was on a row and lovin' how the tops look with my True Re li gion black skinnies (oh no, it's a chain reaction!), I bought me a new mustard-canary bag from Doroth y.

*whistles*

I'll excuse myself with celebratory reasons, since I have got a job coming, heheh.

But okay, shopping aside. It was a lovely day. It was drizzling when I got back to Wood lands but there's something so typically familiar and soothingly relaxing to me - Walking from the bus stop to the apt, sheltered mostly but now and then getting drizzled on as I cross from one void deck to the other under the tropical shower.

When I got home, I exclaimed to Dad - who was reading a newspaper at the living room - "Ah! I went shopping! Got good news yesterday, today went shopping" in Mandarin and Dad cracked the usual joke about whether I got him any thing.

I went to my bedroom and tried every thing I bought again. Another ritual. Normally, I'd parade out and show my mom my newest acquisitions but since she wasn't around, I settled for taking my happy-hued bag out to my Dad and bro and going, "Look at my happy bag!" Mostly to ambivalence though, ai.

Hahah. I love family.

[You know what's funny, my mom just came back and she went shopping and she's showing me every thing she bought now. hahaha]

Lovely day this is. I spent some hours reading comics, snacking on persimmon and mandarin oranges and just resting while it drizzled on and off. Dad went to the library like he likes to and called back at 7-ish to ask what to buy back for dinner.

Had my fish ball noodles. Read more comics then the Sunday paper and here I am.

There's a Korean movie showing on TV which I found funny and want to catch again. It's called My Boyfrie nd Is Type B.

Incidentally, Ray is a type b. heh. I had to watch the movie for work before when it was in the theatres and it was pretty funny when we realised that, hah.

Ok, it's been showing for a bit now, am going to catch it. Just wanted to write and tell about this day :) 'cause I'm just feeling very blessed, comfortable and all around taken care of right now.

Have a good Monday, folks.

3 comments:

raychuah said...

haha! u did have a good day eh, sound like it :) i so knowww that feeling when one gets a new job and he/she goes for a celebratory shopping spree :)

and yeah, family's nicee... enjoy ur hols dear, and see when u get back here (which will be when u'll be starting on the awesome new job!) :D

Anonymous said...

i think you get to buy like the frozen stuff at staff price or something ..*winks. safe me some of those chicken prosperity burger patties and curly fries (not before crabs!);)

when do you start?

xoxo
von

Anonymous said...

ray - heh, i did :) And I almosttt bought a nice electric blue cardi today but resisted... see u soon, baby.

von - hehe. really? i hv no idea. i think curly fries will disappear after CNY :( I push for it to return next CNY and u come back again, ok? hehe.

I start on next Mon (!) :D

xoxo!
skye