Wednesday, June 23, 2004

11:30.

In our living room, there is now a drum set, an electric guitar and its amp, a keyboard with a gorgeous sound, bongos and percussion, and my acoustic guitar.

It brings a smile to my face just listing out the items and their current temporary dwelling.

Had band practice just now. Since it's something called Celebratory Night - or it could be Celebration, I'm not that sure - there's extended praise and worship. We have two drummers, two keyboardists and two worship leaders, all swopping places after the first three songs.

No whatever musician pride or ego here, I'm just glad I'm taking the slower songs because I'm not confident of the fast ones.

The first time I drummed, when the first song started, I realised an uncomfortable warmth on the back of my neck spreading upwards (not to my whole face thankfully), that was how the frog in my throat and butterflies in my stomach decided to manifest.

Again today, it happened with the first song I drummed. I can only hope I did not turn red. I think rehearsal got better as it progressed, perhaps away from the first mid-tempo track to what we normally term "worship" songs.

I am excited, and eager to practise further before the next rehearsal at 3pm tomorrow. I also really really want to make a sound on an electric guitar for the first time in my life (!!!) and indulge in worship on the keyboards. I half can't believe this blessing.

Oh and yes, I was really enjoying it when the guys started jamming at the end of the rehearsal. Hearing the opening rifts to Smells Like Teen Spirit made me jump up of my chair and scream. Which was embarassing but I was really well, excited somehow and hopping with gladness, not that I hopped too. That would be even more embarassing. And they did Come As You Are too. Why they and not me? 'cause I can't just play songs out of the air like that.

Wheeeeee.... :>

No comments: