Sunday, June 27, 2004

22:50. Drumming on Fri night went all right. In fact, I really enjoyed the whole night - backup singing, drumming, nerves and an enroaching cramp in my right leg before I started drumming, encouraging band members and well, the music and the target of our affections - God.

I don't think I ever even dared try drumming Did You Feel The Mountains Tremble in the safety of times when nobody but me was in church with the drum set. There was an improvement from the last time and I wasn't besieged by the nerves, fears and worries of the first time too. Thank you for your prayers, those of your who prayed.

It seems like most of my posts recently have been about music, drumming and what God has been doing in these areas of my life and in me. Well, they are my current focuses, somehow.

Next Wed to Sat, I will be away for July Camp. I just signed up today. As with Easter Camp, I took forever to decide whether to go or not, yes. Last week, a brother asked if I could drum for his session during July Camp. It took some to-ing and fro-ing in my heart and mind, but I agreed to play. It's not exactly because I'm more confident, I'm not really though I did see an improvement in my drumming and endeavour to keep at it. But an email he forwarded me about the aim of the camp and the aim of the session prompted me to keep stepping out. The basic gist of the content that pushed me was about using whatever we have to glorify God. I may not have much but I know that I have to use them and give them.

It will be my third time drumming for OCF and it still unnerves me so. Will be playing on the Thursday night session. Do pray for me, folks.

Only listened to the songlist today and realised one of the songs - a slow one so one might think it should be easier - has triplets going on on the hats. Less than a month ago, I didn't even know what triplets are. Tomorrow, I should practise and see if I can get it. Be still my heart, be still my heart.

I love you, Lord.

No comments: