Monday, June 28, 2004

22:03.

Now I know more than ever I am not as strong as I think I am. As I thought I was. I acknowledge too that I'm dependent, not just on God alone but in certain areas, I need people. So, I face the fact I was loathe to acknowledge - I am not an island, whatever my namesake alludes to. The question now then - after admitting that even I can't always be content and at peace with being alone - is what next? Do I learn to reach that higher level of independence, a place where there is only God and me? Or do I learn to be dependent on people too, while always placing God first and as my cornerstone? That former sounds lofty, doesn't it? Its detachness alien from the Christ I serve, the God who came as Jesus Christ, left his divine powers, got involved in this messy humanness... for our sake and salvation.

Maybe I'm just learning to love. I'm not too sure who I am showing to the world but I'm trying not to be overly conscious and not to walk away.

No comments: