Friday, February 25, 2005

13:42.

"The heart has its reasons that reason cannot know."
- Blaise Pascal

From Germie.

Under my bookmarks, there's a bookmark named Misc Melb. Just 10 seconds ago, I aimlessly, carelessly clicked through it and clicked on weather.com.

Truth is, I didn't even need to do that. Besides the fact that I am in warm Singapore now, guess what? Weather.com is still on the "speed-dial" (short-cut keys?) place on top of my Mozilla Firefox's tags.

And yes, I still click on it. Both out of sheer habit, and more out of an irrational desire just to know the weather in Melbourne so I can better picture my loved ones in its surroundings.

Apparently, right now, it's 19 degrees. Sounds mighty good to me.

But back to the heart that started this post.

Can we even put the "heart" in the same sentence as "reason"?

I sometimes really wonder.

My room mate, housemate and a friend returned to Melbourne on Wednesday. Wednesday night, I was chatting to Hannah (housemate) online. Last night, I was chatting to Germie (room mate) [insert"ex-" before terms, I can't do it yet] online.

Strange, strange, strange, the rules of space and distance.

Not as strange as the unfathomable logic of the heart, but as strange, especially when viewed through a heart entwined impossibly with well, the very nature of itself.

Ironies add 3D measure to life. All three of them returned without that 100% I-want-to-go-back; me, sitting here - listening to the familiar tapping of my laptop keyboard, the whirl of the fan blowing at me from behind, and the conversation of kids playing downstairs - would gladly swop places. If it was only my time to go.

But yes, so be it. 20 days since Feb 5, and counting. I know I can and will get through whatever comes.

As mysterious as the innings of the heart are the ways of my Lord and God.

If I do not trust in His Heart so, I would probably had dissolved by now in some desperation, worry and plain inability to find peace, my heart and mind possibly thrown off further with activities of the affairs of the heart.

But I trust in His Heart.

When our hearts don't make sense, trust His.

No comments: