Saturday, February 05, 2005

2354, Sat. / 0254, Sun

Here's my first blog from Singapore, about 45 minutes since I got home, courtesy of Germie and her folks who drove me and my folks home. I could still remember directions about the neighbourhood... cool.

I look tall in the house due to the lower ceiling, and keep hitting the wall at waist level for light switches that are not there, the living room looks so brightly coloured in contrast to the beigeness of the one in Melb (and I keep saying "back home"), and so many things look strange or new to me, even as I sometimes recognise them.

I have no idea where to get started, where my clothes are, where to put what. Though I have my own room, it seems somehow cluttered, I am no longer used to seeing every thing I cuminated in 23 years in one room.

Internet connection would be a problem, without a router.

My mobile no would only be up on Tuesday, "somewhere during office hours".

And on the plane, I realised that that bag that your had to send to me - my lugguge was 14 kgs over - contained very essential stuff and I feel kind of lost without them.

As I walked out of the airport, as the car went past HDBs and a fun fair next to Woodlands MRT station, as I walked through the balcony that led to our family home and looked out at the sight before me as well as the construction... I miss you.

I wish you are here with me to see every thing, I wish your are here with me 'cause I know your would see things with new eyes the way I am feeling it now.

And this is not much of an entry for a first post, my apologies... I'm still running on one-hr sleep and a lot of deju vu and uncertainty even as I do not feel repulsed or any thing either.

I am glad to be back.

But yes, I miss Melb.

No comments: