Wednesday, November 22, 2006

1048.


inside the big green bus. Posted by Picasa

Every month, I take a 5-hour bus ride up to Bangsar in KL and from there, my baby fetches me back to my place at Damansara Perdana in PJ. The routine repeats, of course, 'cept otherwise when I come back to Sg.

I've grown to be almost ambivalent about the going to and fro. "Almost" 'cause I don't particularly enjoy all the travelling but I don't dislike it either. It has to be done and so so be it, adapt. "Almost" also 'cause I do like having time with family in Sg again and meeting up friends and also 'cause I also like going back to that condo apartment and being able to potter ard, bake and live differently.

Living differently seems to be the required ride and nope, it's not at all unenjoyable.

I read a Spidey comic on Sunday... and in it, Peter Parker got a chance to speak with Uncle Ben again through the provision of one of Dr Strange's hoodickey.

I don't remember the exact lines but Uncle Ben was asking Parker how he has been after all these years. Parker struggled for the words, the years had been filled with some of the hardest and worst stuff to fight but Uncle Ben then asked with illuminating clarity - Are you happy?

'cause despite the nasties of life and the times we feel like we are scraping by or our hearts are being scraped, at the end of the day, they don't need to dicate our happiness.

Happiness and misery are not always exclusive.

And I kinda loved how clear that was. We can't quite see our lives in entirety. I think that's why I've always loved stories - Comics, movies, dramas, books... 'cause I can see the characters' lives in entirety and that helps me see me. See the grand design.

All's good, folks. All's good :)


Courtesy of Ray, while we were on the choo choo train back to KL last month Posted by Picasa

No comments: