Sunday, November 19, 2006

15:24.

Thank You that You're coming back for me.

That I'm not abandoned, nor cast aside, that You are preparing a place for me in that mansion with many rooms.

Thank You that You've never left me and will never leave or forsake me.

That whatever I do, You are involved and that You are all that You are, so I can rest and hope and believe and love. So that I can indeed love and be loved.

Thank You, Jesus.

_____________________________________________________________

On Friday night at CG, Jessey asked us to share an experience in our lives where God intervened or provided for.

Among testimonies of how God miraculously set up salvations, how God helped a cater from home chef when the gas ran out with time ticking out too, how God provided money in the mailbox when it was needed... I thought for a testimony to share.

And I remember again that He has always been very much here. Here with me. Every beginning and ending of every phrase, He has provided jobs and money always in time - From graduation from poly, first job, 2nd job, T N P (all without any waiting around in between); leaving TNP, money to go to Melb, acceptance into 3 courses; job waiting for me in Sg when I finished; going to Msia and three job interviews and three offers even when I, by myself, could not have high confidence in my foreign marketability as an employee.

He, my God, my King, my Provider and Warrior, has always provided. Always.

Always pulled me through when I'm going through the preparations of the next step, totally unsure and operating by faith, often faith much tinged with desperation.

I shared about an incident that was so very much Him.

I shared about Ray and my love story. The beginnings of it.

I left Melb in Feb 2005. We only found out we liked each other after that. We could only pray and keep contact with the avail means. We didn't know if it would work out and to our eyes, it was hard to see how it would.

He's Msian, I'm Sgean. I'm in Sg, I can't go back to Aust. He's in Melb, doing a one-year internship with church and when he returns to Asia, it would be to Msia any way.

We simply prayed for God to show His favour and will clearly if He is pleased with us becoming a couple.

I started work in end March. In end May, while still a contract staff who has only rejoined the company barely two months, I got a junkett to Sydney for a movie premiere.

It was a trip that a correspondent told me I can't get 'cause I'm on contract.

But my editor submited an application to send me and the executive editor somehow approved it. All within a day.

I wasn't supposed to get that trip. I didn't qualify for junketts.

God intervened.

On my own, I didn't have money to go to Aust but God provided - The movie company even allowed me to fly back to Sg from Melb instead of Sydney.

Most movie premieres are held in LA, not this part of the world.

God intervened with His divine set-up, a plan beyond what our eyes could see or what we could had expected.
___________________________________________________________

And through Friday till now, me spending Sunday at my room in Sg being blissfully contented, I feel the relevance of God's intervention and provision in my life resound and resonate, going deeper and spreading wider like ripples upon my spirit.

I'm in awe.

And I'm sorry. Sorry to You for allowing myself to be so caught up in worries and the stuff that hangs midair. I'm sorry that I forgot my faith allows and requires me to be midair and You are the Giver and Provider of all I would ever need or require.

And when You give, You give exceedingly and abundantly above all I can ever ask or imagine!

And now, after I look up properly, I start to feel the way I'm supposed to be. I feel more like myself, who You called me to be. And I stir with a quiet wondering cause it feels like I'm standing on the threshold of something else great.

And as always, always. You will provide. You will intervene. You are with me.

And I'm really, really, really, really thankful!

Lord Jesus, I love you. Saya betul-betul cinta Mu.

2 comments:

raychuah said...

i retyped this comment cos for some reason blogger logged me out n couldnt see my comment no more.. anyways, aww.. i thank God cos He is an amazing God! His love for us exceeds our imagination and from our experience we know we can put our full trust in Him and He will never fail us. He is an awesome God!

and thank God for u. u still make my world a much better place. thank u for ur support, ur love and for being u. *huggs* love ya! u will do awesome things for God and we are just in preparation stages now. :D

Anonymous said...

*HUGGYS* You make my world a better place too, dearie :) I love u! We r gg to continue to seek and fulfil God's plan for our lives, together :>

God rocks! - skye