Tuesday, November 07, 2006

10:58.

Living Beyond The Consensus

Romans 12:2 'Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-- his good, pleasing and perfect will.'

God's vision for our lives is always sparked by a call and fuelled by a promise. Many Christians are simply taking their cues from the group around them, acting according to the group's expectation. But when God calls us, he always calls us out of something and into something else. God has selected you for special task. To fulfil that task you will definitely need all kinds of good people around you. None of us can fulfil God's call in isolation. But you need to make sure that you weigh up your actions and decisions putting God's calling above your social conditioning. That way, you can prove the will of God in your actions.

Prayer: 'Lord, help me today to live out your will. Help me to surround myself with the right kinds of friends – especially my close friends – because I need people around me who will encourage me in my call.'

No comments: