Tuesday, November 07, 2006

11:02.

The Saints Are Coming, U2 and Green Day



I ain't a big fan of Green Day. Since ever, they have been more of a 90s band etched in my memories and nostagia for good tracks like Time Of Your Life, Basketcase and When I Come Around and then recently, I quite like Boulevard of Broken Dreams. But yeah, I think they are pretty good and heaps better than the younger bands like Sum 41 types.

But I pretty like the way this track works out, even though I do think Bono's voice overshadowed Billie Joe Armstrong's. In the opening, when it was just the latter, that sounded pretty good - emo, good strong voice but when Bono kicked in, oopsie, right... it's like comparing Aragon with Legolas.

Any way, enjoy :)

Oooh, and this is random but this is what I sent to Ray to send to his brother, who's gg for the U2 gig and is besieged with requests (mine included) for merchandise. hah.

No comments: