Friday, March 19, 2004

1154.

So. I went to OCF just now and after the whole thing, while we were lingering outside the church where we meet, Hannah and myself were talking to one of the guys, a FIFTH-year medical student. The dude was 24 years old, I asked him how old he was, and he actually said, "I think you are older than me."

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm younger, you doon! I'm younger, you loon!

I then attempted to push him onto the road (we were on the pavement) but of course, nice and kind as I am, I didn't quite. Any way, after I went, "I am younger than you!!!" (and here I was dressed all retro 50s, in 80s-type black tube, funky green cardigan, pants, black and white dangly ball earrings, and Elvis Presley black and white small tote bag), I then engaged in the mock push-you-toot-onto-the-road, any way, hmmph.

The dude - bless his heart, I know he meant no harm - then went, "No, I heard you were working so I thought you would be older". Dude, backtracking ain't gonna help too much. Then, he went, "Noo, you don't look old at all!!" after I made various sounds.

Hahhaha.

Bleh.

He then tried to guess how old I was but I beat him by saying "a year younger than you". My housemate then said, "You should have let him guess." I countered, "No, he probably feel guilty and he would try to guess a younger age like 18." Bless the honest dude's heart, he admitted yeah, he already had the figure "19" in his head, and he was going to say that.

Gosh, so help me God. I'm already introducing myself as 23 when people ask my age even though, technically, I AM still 22!!

That's an awful lot of exclaimation marks for one post. Very unusual for me.

To balance this all up though, last evening, someone thought I was a year-one uni student which meant I was 18 or 19.

So there.

Wah.

No comments: