Tuesday, March 30, 2004

13:21.

I'm re-reading Pilgrim's Progress, that classic by John Bunyan and it is an enjoyable read to say the least. I remember when I first read it, when I was about 15, it so inspired me in some unexplicable way that I modelled a composition on it. The topic was about going on a journey, and I asked the teacher if I could write about a metaphorical journey, a spiritual journey. She was rather excited and very approving but when I gave her the finished compo, I think she didn't like it a lot, saying something like I can't write in this style or something. Any way, bygones.

There's a sense of contentment in my belly, as the world outside continues on this slightly grey 18 degrees-max day. School lessons resume in about two hours time, so I will have some time to do some readings and online library catalogue searches before I drop by the library after lessons.

Since daylight savings ended, the evening falls sooner. When I first came, I was thrown off by how the sun only sets after 8pm. Not conduive for studying, I said, since I tend to buckle down to work after evening falls. But now that evening falls sooner, the way I was used to, I am again thrown off. Hah, the wonders of living in a place with seasons. Any how, with God's grace, I guess I will get used to the fewer hours of daylight so I could be more productive.

I've been properly domesticated. I catch myself searching for recipes and planning what day to cook what for dinner. Gosh. And hah, it amuses me more than any thing.

I break into little jigs now and then, happy for inexplicable unknown reasons. And if I'm alone, I allow myself to laugh out loud. Um, should do that one day while the other two are around... freak them out :)

I have been rather irrationally hungry these two days. My tummy makes weird noises and I actually feel proper hunger pangs, which I seldom do.

Anyhow, if the weighing scale we bought is to be trusted - the readings are different if you shift its location, the bathroom floor is not very flat - I lost about one to two kilograms since I came here. I'm eating well - and snacking on more chocolate than I consumed in the whole of the last six months - so I guess it's all the walking about since I walk everywhere basically.

We are buying fish and chips tonight. It has been about 50 days since I reached here and can you believe I have not stepped into any proper western eateries yet? Well, they are not cheap and somehow, we have tended to go for Asian food when we do eat out but yeah....

Aslan (from Chronicles of Narnia) just popped into my mind. I'm not sure why.

Have a good day, folks. Your deserve it. And stick close to God.

No comments: