Tuesday, March 02, 2004

21:47.

I am feeling awfully sated.

It's that home-made mocha-cum-suckao, I tell you.

I just boiled some milk, threw in chunks of Lindt's 85 percent cocoa dark chocolate, stirred till they all melt into a glorious smelling rich brew, poured it into a mug, add coffee and a bit of sugar, and then gulped it all - foam and chocolate remnants -down.

Guess this was enough fuel to get me to finish this short presentation I'm supposed to be doing tomorrow of an article summary.

On the same note of school, we watched a documentary of the development of rock n roll for the course, Popular Music & Society. From Buddy Holly to Bill Haley and The Comets and Elvis Presley to Jerry Lee Lewis, along with the history of how rock n roll developed from the black man's blues (genre, not mood), it was the kind of stuff I read about.

After the documentary, the lecturer was talking about some of the points the documentary made and he mentioned that Jerry Lee Lewis' 13-year-old bride was his cousin. At that, a wide percentage of the students gasped, laughed or made general expressions of shock and amusement.

I smiled and was somehow surprised that it seemed that so many people didn't know that.

This is not meant to sound superior or arrogant but I honestly felt somewhat lifted up after that episode. I felt verified, validated somewhat even maybe. I know my stuff. I'm not a walking encyclopedia of music, nowhere even near being a poor one but I felt assured somehow now that I know I know my stuff better than my fellow students.

Be still my soul, be still my soul and smile more.

No comments: