Saturday, March 27, 2004

20:41.

Now and then, you read true love stories like this and you don't quite know what to think though you do acknowledge its beauty.

I had the privilege once to do a positive article, on a normal couple who were still in love after about 20 years. The wife, who was about 39 if I recall correctly, donated a kidney to her husband. They talk of how their romance unfolded, they kiss for the camera, and every now and then, she had to wipe away tears as he spoke about how he loves her, and when she speaks of the ordeal - and various ordeals, including a separation in their life together - they just went through.

Let's not talk about news value and such. As I write this, I can't be bothered.

That was the only proper love story I ever written and I agonised over it because I know my article would be in print, a proof and testimony of their love.

I don't quite know where I'm going with this. Nowhere in particular really, the story floated into my mind after I linked the Boundless article. Just think they are all - God, Love Himself, included - is quite the amazing.

Have a good Sabbath, folks, tomorrow.

No comments: