Sunday, March 14, 2004

21:32.

Early morning this morning (I knew it was morning because I only retired after midnight), while it was still dark, I woke up to loud strains of "Be Thou My Vision".

A very grand, majestic and impassionated rendition.

Thing is, all was dark and the song was kind of unexpected, if not unscheduled. A lovely hymn but it was an abrupt awakening.

Rather um, disrupted, the just-awake me looked across at the roommate's mattress parallel to mine. She was rather lost and sprawled out flat under the comforter and in the dark, I had the impression she wasn't there.

Was she then playing music loudly at whatever hour this was? I thought. Um, maybe she's in a bad mood, I thought, groping to find my handphone to check the time.

It was 645 or there abouts, and in the light of my handphone screen, I noticed a tuft of hair from said parallel comforter.

Wait, that means Eliza was sleeping and since my other housemate, Hannah, was away on a retreat for the weekend, who's playing loud music in my house?

Maybe Eliza left her iBook on and it went to some screensaver which played music, maybe Hannah came back suddenly, I didn't quite know what to make of it so I got up and ventured out of my warm comforter and room.

No body was in the living room, wait, the music came from Hannah's room.

I walked over, peeked in, aiyah.

It's her hi-fi cum alarm clock. That girl forgot to programme off her morning call before she left.

Aiyoh.

Yeah, I know.

Rather surreal, and Eliza slept through it.

No comments: