Tuesday, September 21, 2004

02:33.

Interview with Johnny Cash:

Are you happy?

"Happy is a yuppie word. I am blessed."

Like woohooo. And multiply that some trillion times over.

*grins*

Went for my first gig in Australia. Heard of Switchfoot? Yup, that band who dared you to move on the Spiderman 2 soundtrack.

It was held at the Mercury Lounge at Crown, and I suppose this is the smallest gig I have ever been at, floor-size wise and ok, band rep wise too but man, they rawkk.

They sung a new song inspired by that above quote and it made me laugh and laugh.

This is the first time I attended a gig where I know the band members are Christian (Switchfoot is not marketed as a Christian band though).

Integrity.

I suppose the fact that they did not mumble the bits of their lyrics involving existence and being meant to live impressed me more than I can express. And they were technically very apt, very good in fact, good rapport with audience too (I never experienced a set where the band is close enough to the audience in small enough a place to point out people and say stuff or dedicate songs to them....), good energy, good live band, Switchfoot, good songs.

Hearing the whole place sing in one chorus "we were meant to live" was rather mind-blowing, though it was probably 500 people and not a football stadium.

I am still running a fever, coughing incessantly and my throat is swollen. When I got out of the place, I could only speak in a really hoarse raspy voice.

*laughs*

I really enjoyed it.

No, no, this was not meant to be a review so don't kill me for not giving details. You can mail me or something if you want details.

But oh my gooosh, oh my gosh. Heh.

*jumps excitedly*

Peace out!

No comments: