Wednesday, September 08, 2004

15:22.

*shrugs*

Ouch, did I just dislocate a shoulder?

A headache has downed me since this morning. I made the effort to sleep earlier than the 3ams I have been keeping these days, and I did managed to catch close to eight hours of shut-eye but still, I woke up rather grouchy. I was early, had time to go to class, even walked to school at an hour coinciding with my first class at 1130, yet I skipped my two tutorials today.

Was walking to school to print out the Parkville newsletter I did for the centre. Black and white, photocopies, this grungy zine looking creation, so I figure I should try to get the original copy printed on a laser printer which produces way better quality than the usual 'chines.

Thank God there was an available lab. Last night, I went back at 7pm 'cause the labs were being used for classes while I was in school. It was a good evening, started raining when I head back but I liked the stillness and solitary of having all the labs to me alone. Also ran into two friends who were about to conduct their radio show on Syn FM, RMIT's radio station. What's really cool about it is that the broadcasts are on the airwaves proper, not just within the school.

After getting every thing (including something like 100 pages of reading for my online photography course) printed out, I went to sit a while in the radio studio and watch the two girls. Darn, fluent Mandarin is so nice to listen to and how wondrous it is that bantering in fluent Mandarin sounds that good. Makes me shake my head in half-shame at my Singaporean accent.

It was nice being in a radio studio again and as I watched, I felt the slightest of itch to be behind a console again. Oh well, we will see, eventually.

It's now 16:39, a long time since when I first started the post. Am listening to Rattle And Hum while a strong drizzle just started coming down.

The Parkville newsletter is at the photocopying shop being zapped into 70 sets.

I suddenly feel a lot happier.

No comments: