Sunday, September 26, 2004

23:47.

Found something in my mobile's outbox yesterday while clearing sms-es; short prose I typed once when I must had been without pen and paper somewhere.

Broken alabaster
Shards of pain
If Good is born
my death is gain

Last Friday, I led the weekly Bible Study. Theme for the week was Vision, from this book on Character that we are using for the semt. I got every one to write their own eulogy, telling them too that this was what a lecturer did to me before.

That afternoon, I had written my own. Could not use the one I wrote for WritComm in 2000 now, could I? If any thing, I don't have it with me and cannot recall its exact words but do so its gist.

My eulogy for me, circa Sept 24, 3.15pm:

She loved Jesus, not religion
Challenged conventions
Lived in Athens and Jerusalem
Walked on the edge
to find Faith, not just traditions
She was real and honest
not afraid to cry or scream
She was alive
In her questions and doubts
she rested in the Everlasting Arms
She showed me Jesus


The Athens and Jerusalem bit was tripped off a great quote from some past great.

It must had been about a week ago when my own first name flashed into my mind and looked completely strange to me. Strange not as in weird, but strange as in unfamiliar. Who is S k y e?
I know and yet don't know.

These couple of days, there's an utterly strange (as in unusual) girlish chirpyness that has taken over me. I am half appalled.

It's some sort of teenagehood I never had perhaps... am drumming *big grin* Counting Crows' Accidentally In Love on Friday for a contest we are having. For all those years of various instruments, passion for music and all of that, I never played a - I hate to use the term - "secular" song with a band before. Never. The band scene in Singapore always seemed to me limited to the rich kids who have money to buy instruments and a private house to jam in, the Malay boys, or I am now told, the church youth are getting into it, not that I have ever joined my church's youth group. So there you go.

Now I should go listen to the song umpteen times to get the fills.

No comments: